MAGNOLIA – Southern Arkansas University is pleased to announce that the 2020 graduates of its Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program ranked first among state-supported four-year universities in Arkansas for first-time NCLEX pass rate, as reported by the State Board of Nursing.
To obtain licensure in Arkansas, graduates of the program are required to take the National Council for Licensure Exam-RN (NCLEX-RN) which ensures candidates are well prepared for entry-level practice. For the 2020 year, which runs from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020, SAU nursing graduates achieved a 97.3 percent pass rate on their first attempt, according to Dr. Karen Landry, department chair.
Landry attributes the success of SAU’s nursing students to their dedication and hard work. She also praised nursing faculty and staff as well as the SAU Administration and Magnolia community for consistently supporting the program.
“We are so proud of our students,” Landry said. “They have the commitment necessary to successfully complete this program. Nursing curriculums are not easy. We are preparing these students for one of the most challenging and versatile careers available today. Family members entrust their loved ones to our care and patient safety is our highest priority. We are an essential member of any healthcare team and we take our responsibilities very seriously at SAU.”
The department has made great strides over the past year due to a grant awarded by the Blue & You Foundation. The grant, totaling $149,000, enhanced the SAU Nursing Science and Simulation Center by adding an automated medication dispensing system, iPads for every student and faculty/staff member, and faculty training on mental health issues. It has put the program on the front lines in responding to medication safety issues, prescription drug abuse and other medical addiction issues.
For more information, please visit https://web.saumag.edu/nursing.
- With continued focus on safety, SAU welcomes students back to campus
- SAU’s International Program Welcomes Students from Around the Globe
- SAU offering new Instructional Facilitator / LEAD Teacher Master’s Program
- Southern Arkansas University fortunate to have on-campus Rapid Testing machines
- SAU Mourning of Student from Tragic Incident
- The Orgins of Valentine's Day
- State Dept. of Transportation awards SAU Engineering grant for new hot mix asphalt production
- Grocery Bingo
- How to find natural prostate remedies with saw palmetto
- Ground Zero first responder raises awareness for lung disease
- Smart Flu Prevention Tips for Workplaces
- How to repair and prevent wood rot on a deck
- CDC’s new education campaigns address increasing drug overdose deaths
- New Hope for Treating Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Oral Health Affects Overall Wellness; Ensure Dental Services Are Used
- 3 ways to focus on fitness, no matter the season
- GM Ultra Cruise Brings True Hands-Free Driving
- The small thyroid gland in your neck has huge impact on wellness
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.